Music | Iggy Iggy Do It Biggie



p.- Já há algum tempo que não passo por aqui. As razões? Trabalho, amigos e preguiça (doses extras da última). Para matar as saudades, venho aqui partilhar um álbum que estou a ouvir neste preciso momento: The New Classic da Iggy Azalea. Já a conhecia desde que ouvi o seu single Work há um ano, e desde aí que estava à espera que o seu álbum saísse. Até agora, não desiludiu. Para quem não conhece, a música dela é um misto de rap, hip-hop e pop e o seu último single, Fancy, chegou a número 1 no top Billboard 100 nos EUA.  O mundo do hip-hop já andava a precisar de uma nova voz que oferecesse um ponto de vista feminino, e é por isso que gosto da Iggy. Já conheciam?

e.- It has been a while since I've posted here. Why, you ask? Work, friends and a Garfield-like personality. To make it up to you however, I decided to share the album I'm listening to at this precise moment - The New Classic by Iggy Azalea. I've known her since I heard her single Work last year, and have been waiting for her album since then. So far, it sounds great - for those of you who aren't familiar with her music, it's a mix of rap, hip hop and pop. I really like Iggy because she's a fresh voice in the hip hop scene, bringing a much needed female perspective. I'm not by any means saying she's here to fix all the problems that the music industry has with female representation in lyrics, but it's always good to have a new voice in the mix.




No comments:

Post a Comment